World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is gearing up for more big changes to welcome its inevitable Chains of Domination (Patch 9.1) update sometime later this year.
With BlizzConline just around the corner, players are expected to see teasers regarding the new major update once the annual gaming convention kicks off this week (19th February 2021 – 20th February 2021).
In the meantime, a recent balance patch was already announced by Blizzard, for the Public Test Realm (PTR).
Here, players are able to experience the prospective game changes by registering for a Public Test account, to provide any potential bugs and gameplay feedbacks before the patch eventually goes live in the actual game.
Amidst the expansive gameplay changes that will be implemented to the current player classes and in-game covenants, a huge mechanic will also be reintroduced back into WoW’s end-game scenes – Valour Points.
As noted by WoW Community Manager, Kaivax on a Blizzard US forum:
“Items and Rewards
- Gear acquired from Mythic Keystone dungeons are now upgradable with Valor, a new currency that is earned from completing Mythic Keystone dungeons and covenant Callings. There is a maximum amount of Valor that can be earned each week and gear that dropped before the patch are unable to be upgraded.
- 200 Item Level: Initial item upgrade level.
- 207 Item Level: Requires the Keystone Explorer achievement – Earned by completing all eight Shadowlands dungeons at Mythic 5 or higher, within the time limit.
- 213 Item Level: Requires the Shadowlands Keystone Conqueror achievement – Earned by completing all Shadowlands dungeons at Mythic 10 or higher, within the time limit.
- 220 Item Level: Requires the Shadowlands Keystone Master achievement – Earned by completing all Shadowlands dungeons at Mythic 15 or higher, within the time limit.”
The last time Valour Points were used as an in-game currency dated back to 2014’s Warlords of Draenor game expansion, with which Blizzard then deemed it unnecessary as part of a shake-up in the game’s currency mechanics.
Staunch fans can now rejoice as the currency is finally returning albeit under a different gameplay mechanic altogether.
Other notable changes included in Patch 9.0.5 are balancing tweaks to players’ Covenant abilities as well as stats and gameplay improvements to Legendary items.
You can browse through the full list of Patch 9.0.5 here to prepare for the latest challenges ahead.
Looking to propel your journey in WoW, to partake in the latest end-game raids? Come buy WOW Goldat Goldpiles by participating in some awesome discounts and promotions!